Mastercard scholarship in University of Edinburgh have been around for a long time and will afford you the opportunity of gaining a Masters degree online free of charge. The online Masters degree program is equivalent to the on-Campus program and is an excellent way to earn a qualification at the comfort of your home and at the same time continue to work flexibly and live at home.
The Scholarship Program at the University of Edinburgh in partnership with MasterCard foundation provide postgraduate online scholarships to African students with great academic and leadership potential but disadvantaged educational opportunities. The Mastercard scholarship covers tuition, living stipend and other allowances that can afford the awardee high quality internet
University of Edinburgh : Overview
University of Edinburgh is a public research university in Edinburgh, Scotland. It is one of Scotland’s four ancient universities and the sixth-oldest university in continuous operation in the English-speaking world. University of Edinburgh has an endowment of more than £560 Million. The University have notable Alumni, including; Prime Ministers, Nobel Laureates, Olympic gold medalists, Pulitzer awards winners and Turing award winners.
The University is a member of the Russel group of research-led Universities and among the top 13 ranked Universities in the UK.
The university offers students the opportunity to study in Europe and beyond via the European Union’s Erasmus+ programme[c] and a variety of international exchange agreements with around 300 partners institutions in nearly 40 countries worldwide
In the 2015 the Global Employability University Ranking, Edinburgh ranked 23rd in the world and 4th in the UK for graduate employability as voted by international recruiters.
Getting this Scholarship to pursue an MSc program in the University of Edinburgh could be the beginning of your success story because the certificate will definitely shoot you up the socioeconomic strata.
Mastercard scholarship in University of Edinburgh ; Programs available
Programs available in this partnership between Mastercard foundation and University of Edinburgh include;
- M.Sc International Development
- M.Sc Global Health Policy
- M.Sc Global Food Security and Nutrition
- M.Sc Social Justice and Community Action
- M.Sc Data Science, Technology and Innovation
- M.Sc Digital Education
- M.Sc One Health
Mastercard scholarship in University of Edinburgh ; Eligibility
Applicants for the Mastercard Scholarship must;
- Applicants will generally need to have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelors (Hons) degree. Undergraduate applicants for the MSc program must graduate not later than September 2022.
- You must be a citizen of an African country (with the exception of Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco & Tunisia), whose personal circumstances would make accepting an online study offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult. Applications from Malawi, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome.
- You must demonstrate a track record of leadership and volunteer service within your community and school.
- You must be able to present economic circumstances which show you lack financial means to pursue higher education in your home country or elsewhere
- Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of online degrees, and be able to show how they will approach the unique challenges and opportunities provided by online, part-time study.
- Applicants must demonstrate the desire to pursue an MSc degree in one of the above listed programs.
- Applicants should not be on other Scholarships and must not have completed a postgraduate degree elsewhere.
- Applicants must apply for this scholarship before applying to the University of Edinburgh
- See MasterCard foundation/University of Edinburgh for more
Mastercard scholarship in University of Edinburgh ;Eligible Countries
Citizens of African countries except Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia are eligible to apply for the Mastercard scholarship at the University of Edinburgh
Mastercard scholarship in University of Edinburgh ; Location of instruction
The program will be conducted online for its entire duration
Number of Awards:
Number of awards is not specified, but there will be plenty of awardees because the program will be held online for it’s duration, thereby cutting the cost of logistics occasioned by in-person attendance
Value of Mastercard scholarship in University of Edinburgh
The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees and a small study stipend to allow for access to high-quality internet. The scholarship is designed to cover three-years of part-time online study.
On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program with the University of Edinburgh, including regular online workshops with our scholars, online coaching and support, and the opportunity to attend regional scholar-led workshops and events.
How to Apply for Mastercard scholarship in University of Edinburgh
The entire process of application is done online
You must apply for this scholarship before applying into the University of Edinburgh
Applicants must have the scanned copies of their Passport, Academic certificates, University Transcript, Bank Statement, Letters of recommendation and Curriculum vitae detailing every leadership and volunteer works ever undertaken.
Visit MasterCard foundation application portal to create account and submit application.
Deadline for application
The deadline for this year’s application is 14th march 2022.